In anticipation of the arrival of a Pelikan I have never met before, I was doing a little preliminary research for a new page. I discovered while doing so a few small facts that made me revise entirely the page for the “New Pelikans” of 1965 (until they weren’t really new anymore). The result has been a serious telescoping of the information, leaving only one page where I used to have six.
This sounds like a removal of valuable data, but it’s actually a removal of unnecessary repetition, unwanted errors, and a few examples of outright foolishness I’m shocked I had let stand. It also knocks a level out of the menu tree for Pelikan, which may make the mobile reader a little happier with things here. Possibly.